Video is no longer a “nice-to-have” component of an organization’s marketing strategy. The statistics behind the success of video in building traffic, increasing conversion and engagement, and increasing brand awareness are too compelling to ignore. (Did you know that YouTube ranks as the second most popular search engine behind Google and the third most popular website overall behind Google and Facebook?).
Therefore Mighty 8th Media is very excited to announce a new member to our squadron that will lead the charge for our film and video production services: Ron Dawson.
Ron is an award-winning video producer and internationally recognized leader in the professional video and photography industries. His long list of credits include:
- Over two decades of experience including video work for such clients as Apple Computer, Adobe, Kodak, Nielsen, QuickBooks, and Boys & Girls Club
- Leader and speaker in the professional video and photography industries having spoken at some of the largest photography and video expos in the world
- For two consecutive years voted one of the 25 most influential video producers in the industry as voted by his peers
- Co-author of ReFocus: Cutting Edge Strategies to Evolve Your Video Business
- Freelance writer for major photography and video industry blogs and magazines (like Professional Photographer)
- Producer/Host of the filmmakers podcast “Crossing the 180”
In addition to his creative filmmaking skills, Ron also brings a broad knowledge of brand marketing and business management from his work in the software industry (for brands such as Quicken) and a finance degree from U.C. Berkeley’s Haas School of Business. This unique combination of left-brained business acumen and right-brained filmmaking creativity will allow Mighty 8th to give our clients powerfully compelling and results-oriented videos that will take their brand and business to a new level.